We stayed four nights in October 2016 at Tregarth House, a St Austell bed and breakfast in Cornwall. St Austell was our base for visiting the Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and Newquay.
- Only three rooms, so very much a boutique BnB – fewer other guests means more attentive hosts
- Very close to the centre of town, the bus and train stations
- Restaurants and cafes within walking distance
- Comfortable bed, room is exactly as per photos
- Free wifi, worked well enough to watch a movie
- The breakfast – simple cooking done well, with a wide variety of options. They have shown great flexibility both for ordering off the menu (probably shouldn’t have told you that!) and also in terms of time with them being most accommodating with an early start the morning we went surfing.
- The main road is very busy where the BnB is located – keep your wits about you
- The welcome pack included recommendations on a couple of restaurants which were closed.
Returning visitors get a discounted rate. You can pay by credit card or cash.
Would I Go Back?
Yeah I think so – it was a nice place with nice people. Great breakfast and good location.